Liturgical Ministry Series - Guide for Music Ministers, 3rd Edition, English
Music ministers offer their gift to the glory of God. Whether they sing or play, their ministry is essential to the worship of your parish. It serves the flow of liturgical prayer, adds beauty and artistry to the way people pray, and enlivens the words that express belief and immerse those who sing them into the mystery of God.
This third edition has been expanded to help music ministers reflect more deeply upon their liturgical role. As part of the Liturgical Ministry Series®, this book is grounded in Church doctrine, liturgical practice, and follows a format that provides the newly formed and experienced ministers alike with basic skills and theological insights in order to perform their ministry well and in a Christlike manner.
• Theological and historical reflections on the liturgy and the ministry
• Practical skill-building and advice for serving in this role
• Ways to deepen your spirituality and call to discipleship
• Answers to frequently asked questions
• Recommended resources
• A glossary
• Questions for discussion and reflection