Liturgical Ministry Series - Guide for Cantors, 3rd Edition, English
Your great love of music and musical talent have led you to serve the Church as a cantor, song leader, and psalmist. The ministry of cantor is an essential part of the Church’s worship; it helps the flow of liturgical prayer, adds beauty and artistry to the celebration, and enlivens the words that express Catholic beliefs—all which lead the assembly into an encounter with the presence of Christ.
This third edition has been updated with enhanced content and features. As part of the Liturgical Ministry Series, this book is grounded in Church doctrine and liturgical practice, and follows a format that provides both the newly formed minister and the experienced minister with basic skills and theological insights in order to perform their ministry well and in a Christlike manner.
Guide for Cantors provides:
• Theological and historical reflections on the liturgy and the ministry
• Practical skills-building and advice for serving in this role
• Ways to deepen your spirituality and call to discipleship
• Answers to frequently asked questions
• Recommended resources
• A glossary
• Questions for discussion and reflection